Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 2865 times)

iaa

Suggestions
on: September 25, 2020, 02:02:26 PM
I’ve bought Artstudio Pro few days ago. It is a really good app with lots of features and most importantly stable, I was really amazed of its ability to create lots of layers regardless the large size of the page. However, I think there is so much needed to be done for improving the interface and the user experience of how easy the user can get to a tool or an option without having to navigate a lot. Here are some suggestions of thing I’ve noticed that may add value to the app:

- Tolerance option is hidden and inconvenient to use, especially with fill tool, you have to try then undo and change the value then try again in hope that you get the intended results.

- To integrate Rope Smoothing with Lasso selection tool.

- Select layer content. (Equivalent to Procreate when you click on a layer and choose Select from the options).

- Giving the user flexibility is a good thing,but too much flexibility creates so many options that may confuse the user, it needs to be as easy as it can be for the user to have a flawless experience, for example: (why do we have to choose if a brush only works for smudge or eraser or any, why (Any) is not the default option for all brushes?, it is confusing).

- Lots of hidden options inside Menus, where you could use Segmented Controls, so it becomes visible for the user  without having to click on the menu to figure out what are the options inside.

I’d like to thank the developers for their awesome work. The app is a beast in terms of functionality; however (UI) interface design is its weakness. And I will try to suggest more if anything occurred to me after using the app more.

acelaena

Re: Suggestions
Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 04:36:39 PM
Select layer content is in select>alpha to selection!

iaa

Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 05:15:26 PM
Yes this exactly what I needed, Thanks!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 05:57:49 PM
You probably realtime fill preview when changing bucket fill tolerance - it is on our todo. But not highest priority...

Lasso smoothing - on todo as well

Associated tool for brushes - it is really needed, each brush is optimized for a specific tool. It would be hard t to guess what tool should be used with each tool. You can set Preferred Tool to ‚None’ in each brush if you don’t like it.

iaa

Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 02:54:09 AM
Thank you, Artstudio Pro is already great, but I hope to see it even better. The app deserves more popularity, I don’t know how I’ve just heard about it!

Ben

Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 04:20:15 PM
I agree that the tolerance option is inconvenient. EXTREMELY inconvenient. Not only for color fill, but also for selection with the magic wand tool. I always switch to procreate for magic selections, it’s much faster and easier there. The tolerance option in Artstudio for selections is also hard to access because it is hidden behind a menu. It needs to be live and the tolerance slider needs to be available immediately when the magic wand is activated. It’s always needed, so don’t hide it. I hope it gets improved soon, i use selections with magic wand all the time.