Author Topic: Some UI suggestions for Beta  (Read 13325 times)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Some UI suggestions for Beta
Reply #30 on: September 16, 2020, 02:16:20 PM
In layers panel when you tap on a visibility icon (eye), icon changes its state only when you tap on another layer. I mean, layers is on/off correctly, but indicator of it doesn’t change. In stable version it works ok.

Fixed in new beta

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #31 on: September 16, 2020, 02:17:37 PM
After going back and forth between v2 and the beta for a while, I’m missing the old/new color comparison in the color panel and the larger, more precise rgb/lab sliders

Edit: Also, not really a UI suggestion, but when I merge two layers with clipping masks, the resulting layer has clipping mask disabled, I think it would improve the workflow if the resulting layer would have the clipping mask on since I don’t think there’s a single scenario when you would want to unclip the layers.

old/new color in Colors panel - yes, i will consider re--adding it

Improved merging 2 clipping mask - i agree, we will add it asap

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #32 on: September 16, 2020, 02:20:10 PM
Autohide menu - yes, i will consider that

Other changes - rather not, sorry

I guess you are already tired about my suggestions, but here are new ones for version 3.1 if you'll find it interesting.

for some server's reason I can't upload screenshot here, so I uploaded it here: https://imgur.com/a/YE2T9IF

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #33 on: September 17, 2020, 02:41:09 AM
I tested merging two clipping masks, and it works like you described! It creates new clipping-mask layer.

After going back and forth between v2 and the beta for a while, I’m missing the old/new color comparison in the color panel and the larger, more precise rgb/lab sliders

Edit: Also, not really a UI suggestion, but when I merge two layers with clipping masks, the resulting layer has clipping mask disabled, I think it would improve the workflow if the resulting layer would have the clipping mask on since I don’t think there’s a single scenario when you would want to unclip the layers.

old/new color in Colors panel - yes, i will consider re--adding it

Improved merging 2 clipping mask - i agree, we will add it asap

lastaccess

Reply #34 on: September 17, 2020, 04:23:48 AM
If you select two layers with clipping mask and marge it, it becomes 1 layer with clipping mask. This works ok. If you just merge down layer from menu, it merges 2 clipping masks in 1 normal layer.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #35 on: September 17, 2020, 04:39:26 AM
Thanks, it's clear now, we will fix it asap

If you select two layers with clipping mask and marge it, it becomes 1 layer with clipping mask. This works ok. If you just merge down layer from menu, it merges 2 clipping masks in 1 normal layer.

Husketch

Reply #36 on: September 18, 2020, 09:57:26 AM
 :) I know it’s maybe a minor thing , and you mentioned the orange accent UI will not be made optional for this release 3.0
But I hope you consider in 3.1 or another release-  to bring back the more “neutral” grayscale UI as an interface option - I think it’s a bit more relaxing and less “in the way”.
Thanks for all the awesome work on 3.0

Husketch

Reply #37 on: September 18, 2020, 07:08:08 PM
There is a little bit of lag when pressing the icons :brush , mix brushes, smudge, erase .
Sometimes when switching between those tools quickly , there is a lag, and the icon doesn’t get activated at the same time when you press it..

lastaccess

Reply #38 on: September 21, 2020, 07:09:25 PM
some bugs with color in gradient map when you edit colors manually.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #39 on: September 22, 2020, 08:33:08 AM
Please write more details how to reproduce that.

lastaccess

Reply #40 on: September 22, 2020, 10:34:55 AM
Please write more details how to reproduce that.

It is just visual mismatches of colors when point is checked. Look at screenshot. In 2.4 version it works as it should be.

https://ibb.co/Qnpt2XL

Also, there are different logic of operations, smth broken there.

In 2.4 version you: tap edit gradient map -> tap on step, opens color menu -> you chose color, tap close -> you go to “edit gradient map” window back.

In 3.0 you: tap edit gradient map -> tap on step (color doesn’t change, here is bug), opens color menu -> you chose color, tap close -> you don’t go to “edit gradient map” window back, it’s closed.
Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 12:15:08 PM by lastaccess

lastaccess

Reply #41 on: September 22, 2020, 12:46:03 PM
Please add in selection properties (see screenshot) buttons: reselect, invert selection and transoft. All most used actions should be in one place for better experience, now you need to go to main menu or use quick actions, both variants are not perfect.

https://ibb.co/sWSDMDS

lastaccess

Reply #42 on: September 22, 2020, 01:57:42 PM
Also, I don’t know if this bug of feature.
I have only Apple pencil mode.
When I use lasso and polygon lasso, I can select only with pencil and that’s great.
When I use circle and rectangular selection, I can select also with fingers. And it leads to so many accidental touches, especially when I try to open quick actions with 4 fingers tap. Would be good to disable fingers on these types of selections on pencil only mode.

Also, I made screenshot of color panels that should be ideal in my opinion. I moved color options under 3 lines icon (it makes this window consuming less vertical space and remove excess information which is a bit distracting) and made old/new color. If you make color windows smth like this, it would be perfect solution.

https://ibb.co/h286C06

Thanks.
Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 02:03:18 PM by lastaccess