Author Topic: Feature request for Artstudio Pro for iPad: Pen tool and Bézier curves  (Read 10098 times)

Artsketch

Feature request for Artstudio Pro for iPad: Please add a Pen tool and Bézier curves for creating vector shapes.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
We will add Pen tool in version 3.1

Seko

It's been quite some time since the original post but as of right now, in version 3.1 there still is no pen tool if I’m correct. Any information when this feature will come out? Thanks a lot!

Dorothyfan1

Correct me if I’m wrong on this but aren’t the Pen and Bézier curve tools vector based? ASP is raster style program.

Seko

Yes and I’m aware of it. But the pen tool can be used for more things than just vector shapes. I’m particularly fond of using it in Photoshop to make selections, draw curves/lines, add vector masks and many more things. It enables a certain level of precision you can’t achieve freehand.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
some Painting / image processing apps have basic vector tools. We will add them later this year.

Seko

Thank you very much, that’d be awesome! I was wondering if there is a way to directly get in touch with developers regarding feature upgrades and suggestions? I really like where Artstudio Pro is headed and would love to contribute in it's improvement.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
I'm here :)

You can also contact us by email: [email protected]

Thank you very much, that’d be awesome! I was wondering if there is a way to directly get in touch with developers regarding feature upgrades and suggestions? I really like where Artstudio Pro is headed and would love to contribute in it's improvement.

ggermain1

Is this feature still planned for future updates?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Yes, probably we will add that in the next major update after the one that is almost ready.

Seko

Yes, probably we will add that in the next major update after the one that is almost ready.

Hi, any update on the pen tool? :)

uterrr

I'd love to have those, too.

Those Bezier line adjustments is highly useful for anything, really.
Even simplest implementation with central and start/end points would be really welcome.

mgo

Looking forward to this one. I hope it's a more general approach, meaning: I can use bezier splines for selections, as well as guiding curves for actual brush strokes. I like the results when a precise vecor guide is combined with manually controlled pressure.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
I'm aware it is a bit delayed, sorry. It is still planned, but i cannot give any deadlines, sorry.

PhoenixDragoon

Woah, this is planned? That's super cool!