Author Topic: Image Attachments in This Forum  (Read 4272 times)

blossom

Image Attachments in This Forum
on: November 25, 2019, 03:29:42 PM
It would be useful to upload images directly into this forum without having to rely on links. I don't think links are as reliable and easy to work with as images that are uploaded directly to the forum.

Images would be a good way to show mockups of features that users think will be helpful. I would like to have the ability to upload multiple images at a time (preferably 10-15 images per post, although usually not that many will be needed) in order to provide good visual examples. Also, it would be best if GIF images are also supported because sometimes an animation can be more descriptive than a still image.

In my opinion, this feature would make the forum better because visuals can improve communication. It would be nice to have, although priority goes to features that will actually improve Artstudio Pro. This is just something that hopefully can be realized in the future.

Thank you!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Image Attachments in This Forum
Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 03:52:18 PM
It is possible. Check ‚Show Your Work’ section in this forum.

blossom

Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 01:11:42 PM
Which of the icons allows us to upload images into the post?

I clicked on the "Insert Image" icon (the one that appears to have an image of Mona Lisa). It doesn't let me upload directly from my computer. It seems to require a URL. That means I'll have to upload the image somewhere else first in order to get a link for it. Maybe its not that hard to do but at this time I don't use any image sharing websites. Also, if the other website takes down the image for whatever reason then I would assume that it will no longer be visible on this forum.

Anyway, I would have preferred if there was an easier way to do it without involving third party websites. But whatever the case, it's still possible to get ideas across, even if it's not the easiest way. It's definitely nice that there is at least some way to share image mockups and GIFs to more clearly depict the ideas that we suggest.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 03:49:52 AM
test image

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 03:50:49 AM
You have to click 'Attachments and other options' link below the text field

blossom

Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 05:33:39 PM
You have to click 'Attachments and other options' link below the text field

I went back to this several times to look for what you described but I couldn't find it until now. I have attached a few images to this post to see how it works.

It looks like I can only upload 4 pictures per post, and no more is allowed.

blossom

Reply #6 on: December 20, 2019, 05:54:54 PM
The image attachments are displayed okay but it looks like people have to click on the GIFs in order to preview the animations.

Some people may do it and some people may not know that it works that way. I guess it's fine like this for now if it speeds up loading time.

I hope that at some point it will be possible to upload more pictures, and preferably if the GIFs can be previewed in their smaller thumbnail forms without having to be opened.