Author Topic: Sending files and compression issues  (Read 4280 times)

Ktoon

Sending files and compression issues
on: January 10, 2018, 07:12:45 PM
Has anyone had problems emailing files created in AS/ASPro?  It is most likely an iPad issue, but images sent are compressed... this didn’t work out too well for a drawing I did as a coloring contest drawing for the local newspaper... the file was too small and pixelated when they took it to layout.  I’ve searched through my iPad “SETTINGS/Mail” and haven’t seen where images are automatically reduced in size.  The work around was to upload the file to Drop Box... and then it was fine. 

I don’t believe this to be an Art Studio/Art Studio Pro problem... but am seeking insight from others to see how I can trust I’m sending “good” files to my clients!

Nighternet

Re: Sending files and compression issues
Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 01:32:46 AM
In my case it was "too big" to be attached to an email. Where does it go in iTunes I have no clue, for I've never used it for anything but music about 10 years ago. Sadly ability to save PSD to files wasn't added to the last upgrade of the original ArtStudio.

Ple-e-ese, I know working on the old AS is not a priority, plus it's not financially rewarding anymore, but there should be an easy way to transfer layered files into the Pro. The best would be to add the ability to read/convert old .art format.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 03:11:05 AM
Some email apps are compressing images.
To make sure image is delivered in original resolution there are 2 options:
1. Export to PNG and zip it (you need app from App Store to do it)
2. Export in PSD format (flatten document before exporting so file size will be much smaller)

Nighternet

Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 05:02:08 PM
Flat PSD and PNG are the same thing. The idea is to continue working on the old files in the new Pro AS.