Author Topic: Warp tool, bluetooth keyboard support, left handed support ( ipad pro ver)  (Read 6265 times)

Kungful0ver

Hi there guys!

love your app, specially for ipad! you did a great job, specially for artist like coming, how coming from the SAI/ps background. really i'm in love with artstudio pro!.

here is my suggestions to improve the workflow:

-Warp tool with Transform ( also, using transform, i don't know if is just the ipad version but works very slowly)
-Bluetooth support: because a lot of artist still use basic functions like cmd+z, alt for color picker and adding different actions to the keyboard to make quick stuff.

-left handed support: just the chance to move some panels from one side to another, nothing crazy, a change of sides will be great!. ( im lefthanded so u.u )

-chance of change the color of the UI or typo ( some artist works better for example, with a white background, I personally prefer to have a black one! gives you better contrast on your picture )

-Channels : because is used for masking, color variations, etc.

-Liquify ( ok, maybe i'm asking so much u.u maybe this one is not 100% need it )

Keep doing the good job!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Most of these requests are already on my todo list.
I mean all except channels.

Ktoon

Another leftie here..... but I’m pretty used to this set up....

Kungful0ver

hey! thanks so much for the answer, I did a quick presentation of the app to some friends, as more we use the app the more we love it, also as another feedback, maybe having the option of showing the cursor of the brush will be great, ( again, coming from the PS/sai background ) just a dot or circle will be great!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Cursor together with drawing offset will be added in version 1.1

Kappa

Since I found this thread I thought I should express my support here as well to the idea of keyboard shortcuts (iPad version) and a more customizable UI for us lefties.

That said, I believe that an iPad app should be designed with mobility in mind and not use keyboard support as an excuse for disfunctional design. I think that some functions would benefit from better design and gestures/touch controls for a more efficient workflow. Having to go through two levels of menus to create a clipping mask or having to deselect a selection exclusively from the drop down menu are some examples that needs this kind of attention.

Great app, great potential!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Clipping mask - you can also open layer details in Layers popover and set mask/clipping mask there. I will think how to simplify that

Deselect - the are 2 more options:
- double tap on any Select tool icon in left toolbar
- activate rectangle/ellipse select tool and tap anywhere on canvas outside current selection

Kappa

Thank you.

The double tool tapping for deselecting is much much better.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Please read Artstudio->Get Started and Artstudio->FAQ in app top menu to learn more things.