1) Yes but exactly that option is not working for me in the beta, even with "clip thumbnails to image bounds" the thumbnail will stay square... it works fine in the app store version, as you could see in the screen recording
2) I tried again on A4 canvas with only 3 layers, it still doesn't work
3) I understand... but maybe thickness can still be reduced a bit more
4) The outline looks very weird in my eyes, I actually thought it was a graphical bug, rather than an visibility improvement... Especially thin strokes (sketches) are hard to see details like that. I think it should be completely removed again.
Checkerboard was better in that case, since on checkerboard you can see light and dark strokes... However, in Procreate it works too without checkerboard and without outline, so idk... but the outline definitely is very very odd
4) nvm it’s much better with the thinner outline!