Lucky Clan Forum

Support => Suggestions, Ideas, Bugs => Topic started by: barel on February 22, 2021, 03:36:08 PM

Title: Broken brushes
Post by: barel on February 22, 2021, 03:36:08 PM
I have a brush group where I save all the brushes I find useful from various packs so they’re all in one place, and at some point a bunch of those brushes got borked. From what I can tell stamp images got deleted or somehow otherwise became corrupted.
So far I only noticed it in the one group and I’m not sure what might have caused it, as I have not used these in a while.
These were all imported from .abr so their stamps aren’t in the app’s stamp library, and the same brushes within their own packs are unaffected.
I tried uploading the exported broken brushes, but I kept getting an error about the attachment being too big or the upload taking too long, so here’s a link
https://www65.zippyshare.com/v/VGACHdew/file.html
Title: Re: Broken brushes
Post by: Lucky Clan on February 23, 2021, 04:26:27 AM
Indeed brush file is currupted.
Could you send me the original abr file? Maybe we will be able to reproduce and fix that.
You can send it directly to our mail: info@luckyclan.com
Title: Re: Broken brushes
Post by: barel on March 02, 2021, 04:25:34 PM
Sorry, I uploaded the file and forgot to post it.
I think it should be ok sharing it here, since the pack is many years old and afaik was freely available
Title: Re: Broken brushes
Post by: Lucky Clan on March 03, 2021, 04:08:27 AM
I downloaded and imported the abr without any problem. You can delete the link.

Does the issue happen every time you are trying to import it? Do you have a free disk space?
Title: Re: Broken brushes
Post by: barel on March 03, 2021, 11:42:46 AM
No, the import is fine.
Here’s what happened:
1. I import the .abr > it gets converted to .artstudio_brushes - this step is completely fine
2. I find brushes I like and either copy/paste them into a seperate group, or add them through “add current brush” menu option - this step also worked fine
At this point I have two copies of the brush, the imported one in the original pack, and the one I copied into a different group.
For a long while, there were no issues with this, but at some point while painting I noticed some brushes in the second group didn’t have any previews, those were the ones I originally uploaded. The same brushes in their own packs are fine, but the one group where I copy them over for organising had some of them borked.
I’m not sure what could have caused it or when precisely it happened, but it’s localised to that one group, perhaps because that’s the one I actively use.
I did have a couple of crashes during that time and maybe my storage was full at some point, I can’t be sure.

To summarise, it’s not an issue with importing or .abr conversion, but at some point a random selection of brushes, all within one pack, had their stamps either corrupted or deleted, and because the brushes were imported, the stamps weren’t located in the stamp library,  but wherever they get stored when importing individual brushes.
Title: Re: Broken brushes
Post by: Lucky Clan on March 03, 2021, 12:30:54 PM
I understand. If i know how to reproduce the issue, i will fix it immediately.