Author Topic: A new feature request with a possible bug fix.  (Read 7152 times)

Andych56

A new feature request with a possible bug fix.
on: October 08, 2018, 04:02:56 AM
Hi,
I wanted to request a new feature for the list down the track (no urgency).
An adjustment layer that can use standard LUTs.

LUTs in Affinity
https://youtu.be/zQyRpJPwSsk

This may be a bug or possibley a setting I’m unaware of. When using the polygon lasso tool and making points to draw a marquee/mask, if creating a point too close to another it’ll automatically close off the selection.
I’ve demonstrated this in the vid link below.

Polygon Lasso
https://youtu.be/fG72eOxBZQQ

Andych56

Re: A new feature request with a possible bug fix.
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 08:07:59 AM
Is there supposed to be an option to turn on and off the auto close in the Polygon lasso?
• improved Lasso / Polygon Lasso - added undo/redo and option to disable auto-closing
I don’t see one in the new update but that’s what it seems to be doing?
There is an option in the lasso tool not polygon lasso.
Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 08:12:44 AM by Andych56

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 09:03:54 AM
There is a bug: touch radius area is 2x bigger than it should be, it will be fixed in the next minor update.
Disable auto closing - before 2.0 you had to draw whole Lasso selection using one gesture (after you touch up selection was rendered).
Now you draw it using multiple gestures, and it auto closes when you tap on starting "Dot".

I already have a request to remove the "Dot" - in this case you will have to tap special "Finish" button to finalize selection. It will be available in version 2.1 or 2.2

LUT adjustment - i already have this on ToDo list as well...

Andych56

Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 07:39:43 PM
There is a bug: touch radius area is 2x bigger than it should be, it will be fixed in the next minor update.
Disable auto closing - before 2.0 you had to draw whole Lasso selection using one gesture (after you touch up selection was rendered).
Now you draw it using multiple gestures, and it auto closes when you tap on starting "Dot".

I already have a request to remove the "Dot" - in this case you will have to tap special "Finish" button to finalize selection. It will be available in version 2.1 or 2.2

LUT adjustment - i already have this on ToDo list as well...
Ok great! To be fair I was zoomed in over 200% when using the polygon lasso tool if that increased the chance of the auto close activating?
Thanks for the LUTs request, your to-do list must be a mile long?
In regards to the selection DOT, I really like that idea more so than using a finish button, but its your call what works better for the tool.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 03:53:49 AM
Yes, and scrolling the whole list is a very long operation ;)

Andych56

Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 08:03:48 AM
Yes, and scrolling the whole list is a very long operation ;)

Lol yeah I bet it is.

There was a post recently with a request to lock layers, I’m not sure if this is possible with the way you have your setup in the interface. I’ve done a quick mock up of the placement of the clickable padlock icon to the layers, locked and unlocked.
Also I was wondering what you thought by having a clickable layer FX on/off switch. Green is on and red is off. This is very helpful if you have a layer FX on a layer and then try colour picking. The colours are being effected by the FX so by quickly bypass the FX with the switch you can colour pick from the uneffected layer.
Also is it possible to leave the mode drop down list open while picking different modes with out it closing once you pick a mode .eg overlay, multiply etc. This only happens when choosing a mode in the layer FX window, not on the mode drop down list on the layer itself.

Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 08:34:46 AM by Andych56

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 10:27:57 AM
Whole interface is in grayscale with only few orange controls. Red/green icons don’t match.

Andych56

Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 05:01:46 PM
Whole interface is in grayscale with only few orange controls. Red/green icons don’t match.
I totally understand, I guess it’s more about having the lock and the FX bypass switch in that position not so much about the colours.

Andych56

Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 01:23:51 AM

I’m not sure what’s happening here, if this is a bug? I’ve installed the new update and it still behaves in the same way.

https://youtu.be/Us83WEKvIz4
Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 01:28:59 AM by Andych56

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 08:43:51 AM
It is expected behaviour, if brush size (in screen points) is bigger than 500, you will see 4 circles.

It is ok, however it should depend on screen size, for iPad 12.9 (screen size 1366*1024 points) it should be for example 800.
I will fix it in the next update.

Andych56

Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 04:57:37 PM
It is expected behaviour, if brush size (in screen points) is bigger than 500, you will see 4 circles.

It is ok, however it should depend on screen size, for iPad 12.9 (screen size 1366*1024 points) it should be for example 800.
I will fix it in the next update.
Ok gotcha, I just wasn’t sure what was going on there.
Have to say, it works better than Affinity’s, procreate’s and photoshop’s liquify tool.
It doesn’t smear the pixels together it just moves them the way it should.
Great job!
Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:25:57 PM by Andych56

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 05:19:12 AM
Liquify in Affinity is broken indeed.
But in procreate and Photoshop it works fine in my opinion.

Andych56

Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 07:37:28 AM
Liquify in Affinity is broken indeed.
But in procreate and Photoshop it works fine in my opinion.

Yep Affinity’s liquify isn’t worth mentioning. And yes Procreate’s is good but here’s where yours is different and in my opinion, better.
Elastify doesn’t break up the image when manipulating it. Procreate’s liquify does and makes a mess of it.
It’s mainly used for corrections so the less it damages the image is the better.

https://youtu.be/seJc7_auAtY

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 12:58:55 PM
I think you used different size and strength in the video.

Andych56

Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 10:40:37 PM
I think you used different size and strength in the video.

Hmm ok if you don’t want to admit Elastify is better than Procreate’s liquify, that’s up to you.
It still has the same effect with or without a different size brush. Procreate’s Liquify falls apart way before Elastify by breaking up the image.
I’ll stop saying good things about Artstudio from now on ok? Lol 😆