Author Topic: A general question  (Read 3187 times)

Andych56

A general question
on: October 02, 2018, 06:37:41 AM
Hi,
I’m new to this forum and I’m sure this question has been asked in the past
However, can you please tell me if there’ll ever be a Windows version or Artstudio in the future?
I would really like to throw Photoshop in the bin and then set it on fire!

Jim_e

Re: A general question
Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 07:33:13 AM
+1, I would also like to be done with PS.  Affinity seems to be the next best thing for cross platform PS replacement, but I would greatly prefer Artstudio.

Andych56

Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 08:08:49 AM
+1, I would also like to be done with PS.  Affinity seems to be the next best thing for cross platform PS replacement, but I would greatly prefer Artstudio.

That’s true, Affinity is the next big thing out there. But it’s made for the beginner to medium level artists. I wasted way too much time on that junk. Their brush engine is hideous, not to mention it’s infested with bugs and crashes just by looking at it. Their support blows! I submitted files and crash reports to get help and all I got back was crickets (silence). They don’t like to take helpful criticism to improve their product and you can wait up to 6 months for an update. And that will have a new feature that crashes along with all the old things that crashes that app. They say they fix things but don’t. Some people (non professionals) swear it’s great and they have no troubles with it, but if you work in it all day, every day you soon find out it’s just a cheap toy.
Honestly don’t bother!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 08:27:53 AM
Windows/Android version is planned for a near future.

Andych56

Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 08:50:06 AM
Windows/Android version is planned for a near future.

Absolutely amazing, you guys rock!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 04:35:04 PM
Sorry for misspelling. I was to write that Win/Andoid version is not planned, sorry.