Author Topic: Importing layered PSD, from Photoshop CC 2018, via Files.  (Read 7810 times)

Vushnick

Hey!

I just downloaded Art Studio Pro from the App Store.  I was excited to try out some of the different editing features the Procreate hasn’t included in their app yet (resize image, marquees / selections, text, etc...).  I wanted to transfer something I was working on in Photoshop CC 2018 and edit it in ArtStudio Pro.  However, when I brought the file in my layers were flattened and the drawing turned into a rainbow glitch.  Is there a known issue with PS CC2018 and ArtStudio Pro?  Thanks for any help!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Importing layered PSD, from Photoshop CC 2018, via Files.
Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 07:56:58 AM
You can send me psd file you are trying to import, and i will check what is going on.
Actually Artstudio can import only layers, groups, masks, clipping masks from PSD.
It doesn't import adjustment layers, smart objects, smart filters, layer effects, vectors objects, paths etc.

Andych56

Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 12:52:04 AM
You can send me psd file you are trying to import, and i will check what is going on.
Actually Artstudio can import only layers, groups, masks, clipping masks from PSD.
It doesn't import adjustment layers, smart objects, smart filters, layer effects, vectors objects, paths etc.

Hi, will the import and export of adjustment layers, smart objects, smart filters, layer effects, vectors objects, paths etc be implemented into a future update for full photoshop compatibility?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 02:02:32 AM
Yes, but i cannot give you an exact date now. Adjustment Layers and Layer Effect can be expected in the next few months. Smart and vector stuff - in more distant future (they must be first implemented in artstudio).

Andych56

Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 03:09:08 AM
Yes, but i cannot give you an exact date now. Adjustment Layers and Layer Effect can be expected in the next few months. Smart and vector stuff - in more distant future (they must be first implemented in artstudio).

Thanks for the speedy reply, it’s so refreshing to get a response with a positive answer.
I’ve come from Affinity photo and their help was slow and vague, covered in a smoke screen with zero intention of addressing the problem.

Nighternet

Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 12:52:21 AM
Today on appleinsider.com: Photoshop CC is coming to iPad in 2019. Too f...ing late. Besides, who is still out there to believe Adobe is capable of making good software...

Andych56

Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 07:55:28 AM
Today on appleinsider.com: Photoshop CC is coming to iPad in 2019. Too f...ing late. Besides, who is still out there to believe Adobe is capable of making good software...
Yes they do but you’ll still need to sign up to their monthly subscription to use the iPad version.
I know i’ll be staying with Artstudio. And it’s not becoz I’ve paid a one time fee, I actually find it better than PS now. So yer they’re a little late to the party.

gregg2g

• Retired
Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 09:27:23 AM
I left Affinity Designer and Photo a long time ago. I started with them in the beginning and now have gotten tired of waiting for any updates. It's been 8 or 9 months now for any updates. They are wrapped up in other projects. People keep complaining about bugs and their desires for new idea suggestions, but nothing is happening. Their software has set me back a few times with bugs that wipe out my work.
iMac 27 3.1 GHz 32 GB DDR 4 Mac OS  Monterey 12.6, XP-Pen 24 Pro, ArtStudioPro latest version

Andych56

Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 09:36:50 PM
I left Affinity Designer and Photo a long time ago. I started with them in the beginning and now have gotten tired of waiting for any updates. It's been 8 or 9 months now for any updates. They are wrapped up in other projects. People keep complaining about bugs and their desires for new idea suggestions, but nothing is happening. Their software has set me back a few times with bugs that wipe out my work.
Gregg2g you just sang the exact song I’ve been singing! Amazing how we gave AP and AD and chance and it waisted our time and left us feeling raped. I wonder how many others are out there curled up crying in a corner from using their junk software?

GaryP

Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 05:38:23 AM
Actually Art Studio Pro has a lot of bugs. For this reason I’d decided to search for other programs. Luckily, I found this color editor. I’ve never expect editing program could have such a user friendly interface. It takes few minutes to enhance photo to my liking thanks to this utility. The best experience with editing photos ever!
Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 06:49:15 AM by GaryP