Author Topic: Where are the Pen with Anti-aliasing?  (Read 10943 times)

atatarawan

Where are the Pen with Anti-aliasing?
on: December 17, 2017, 11:12:46 PM
Hi.
I’ve been use “ArtStudio” for 2years more.
I love this application because it very simple to draw and the Processing and modification are multifunctional.
So when I find your new release “Artstudio Pro”,I downloaded it immediately!
But I think,for people who want to draw pictures easily, this tool is too complicated:(

I hope to you’ll update the old Artstudio(canvas size up and Enhance the watercolor).That’s enough.
By the way,Do you have a pen with anti-aliasing on Artstudio pro? I can’t found that.

1000brushes

Re: Where are the Pen with Anti-aliasing?
Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 11:48:33 PM
I'm an artist, and soak up features like a sponge.  For me, features and tools offer the chance to do more, and to do it better.

Simplifying things as much as tablets often do ruins everything for me.

Bells and whistles are so very important, and they're fun to learn.

But to answer your question, I'll try to help.  Although I'm new to this program, here is what I think may help:

-----> From the main screen, select the Pencil Tool from the tool icons on the left-hand side.  It's the second tool down from the Crop Tool.

-----> Next, down at the bottom, between the Color Square and the Size Slider, tap on the little mini pic with a number under it.

------------> This will bring up the Brush Editor.

-----> In the Brush Editor, near the bottom of the dialog box, tap on the ^ (up arrow) by the current group.

------------> Select "Inking."

------------> You'll see about eleven pen choices.  Many of them are very smooth.

If you want to modify the settings of whichever pen you select, you can bring up a list of setting categories by tapping the Slider Icon while still in the Brush Editor dialog box.

------------> It's in the upper right corner of this dialog box.

Now, you'll see a list of categories.  Inside each category, there is a list of various choices for you to experiment with.

Have fun!!!
Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:52:14 PM by 1000brushes

atatarawan

Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 01:14:53 AM
Mr.1000bruches.
 Thank you for your advice.
Sure I found the brushs categories and tried all pens and bruches(off cause Inking) this 2days.
But anti-aliasing function is not working.

I use this application on my iphone6s.iOS11.2
Otherwise,Artstudio pro is not optimized for iphone?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 02:45:21 AM
Maybe you are using "Pencil" tool instead of "Paint" tool. In Artstudio Pro your basic painting tool is "Paint" (paintbrush icon) whcih generates nice antialiased strokes. Pencil tool makes "hard-edged" (not antiliased) stroke.

Nighternet

Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 05:20:09 PM
Isn't this what "smoothing" is for? Alas, in most cases going above 4 creates such a late, that it's not much of the use.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 08:14:32 PM
Smoothing makes the curves smooth.
Paint (not pencil) tools makes line edges antialiased.