Author Topic: Transform this selection is confusing..  (Read 3845 times)

joelshannon

Transform this selection is confusing..
on: April 15, 2018, 08:38:10 PM
I spent a great deal of time trying to figure out how to use the transform tool.    I was making a selection and then trying to use 'Transform this selection' under selection which evidently only change the selection boundaries itself, not the portion of the image selected?  I'm still not sure.   

Searching the forums didn't help and I can't find any documentation on anything.  Eventually I came upon Transform under 'Edit' an
d all is good.  But, I find the 'Transform this selection' phrasing highly confusing.   I can't recall any other drawing program set up this way.

Are there plans to create a manual for this?     I don't know what half of the options in the brush engine mean.   It's very frustrating and I'd prefer to spend my time painting instead of trying to decipher how the program works.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Transform this selection is confusing..
Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 02:51:00 AM
I assure you there is at least one very popular application which treats transform/transform selection in a very similar way.

We will publish tutorial about selections/transform soon.

joelshannon

Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 08:22:05 PM
Is that very popular app on iOS?    I'd guess that the very popular application you allude to provides documentation on how to use as well as limitless third party youtube tutorials to be found.  Artstudio Pro has no such resources for the people who purchased the product.

I'm glad you will have a tutorial on this at some point.    My opinion however is that users would prefer not to watch a video every time they want to learn what autoset opacity is -- or paint duration or size tilt effect etc.    Even a succinct mouse-over tip would help a lot.

You didn't mention whether there will be a manual eventually.    I did find one for Artstudio but seems to have little bearing on the current program.

Thanks for your feedback.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 02:53:59 AM
Sorry, no manual yet.