Author Topic: Feature Request: Joycon Integration  (Read 7047 times)

mzamecki

Feature Request: Joycon Integration
on: April 08, 2023, 06:02:24 AM
Hey!
Huge fan of the app :)
With the recent Ios 16 update, there is an option to pair Gamepad.
I was wondering if there would be a possibility to add shortcuts based on Gamepad Like here (unfortunately there is no way to remap gamepad buttons to keyboard shortcuts on IPAD)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaRwmXopINA&ab_channel=BradColbow

Thank you for the best painting app on iPad!
Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 05:36:27 AM by mzamecki

MartinGillArt

Re: Joycon Integration
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 05:02:01 AM
I second this, would be really cool for this integration!

(Also OP, if you are the Mathias Zamecki I think you are, I just wanted say i'm a massive fan of your work! Looking forward to anymore tutorials you do in the future, I always learn a lot from you.)

mzamecki

Re: Joycon Integration
Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 05:34:31 AM
thanks man appreciate it :)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Feature Request: Joycon Integration
Reply #3 on: April 10, 2023, 12:25:36 PM
Thanks for this hint, i will do researches asap

mzamecki

Reply #4 on: April 11, 2023, 03:51:33 AM
Thanks Sylwester!
I love gesture control of the size of the brush, but it would be amazing to keep joycon in my spare hand and switch between tools quicker!

icezimy

• Freelance Artist
    • icezimy.com
Reply #5 on: April 12, 2023, 02:30:18 AM
Thanks Sylwester!
I love gesture control of the size of the brush, but it would be amazing to keep joycon in my spare hand and switch between tools quicker!

You can give the "8bitdo zero 2" controller a try. It has a "keyboard mode" and thus it's currently the only controller that can work for drawing shortcuts on iPad (as far as I'm aware). It's also small enough to hold in one hand.

Been using it for over an year like that and love it. Really helps to speed up the overall process.😄

mzamecki

Reply #6 on: April 12, 2023, 10:48:14 AM

You can give the "8bitdo zero 2" controller a try. It has a "keyboard mode" and thus it's currently the only controller that can work for drawing shortcuts on iPad (as far as I'm aware). It's also small enough to hold in one hand.

Been using it for over an year like that and love it. Really helps to speed up the overall process.😄

nice thanks for sharing!

alfanders

Reply #7 on: April 13, 2023, 04:13:12 AM
Hey!
Huge fan of the app :)
With the recent Ios 16 update, there is an option to pair Gamepad.
I was wondering if there would be a possibility to add shortcuts based on Gamepad Like here (unfortunately there is no way to remap gamepad buttons to keyboard shortcuts on IPAD)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaRwmXopINA&ab_channel=BradColbow

Thank you for the best painting app on iPad!

This is really nice!! +1 !! ✨

--

thanks for sharing! is the buttons on the joystick configurable for iPad if I may ask?

icezimy

• Freelance Artist
    • icezimy.com
Reply #8 on: April 13, 2023, 02:54:25 PM
thanks for sharing! is the buttons on the joystick configurable for iPad if I may ask?

Well yes and no 😅 You have to the start the controller in "keyboard mode" and then all of it's buttons get a random letter assigned (you can't choose). But then you can assign those letters to specific shortcuts within the Artstudio Pro preferences
Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 02:57:31 PM by icezimy

alfanders

Reply #9 on: April 14, 2023, 07:54:41 AM
Well yes and no 😅 You have to the start the controller in "keyboard mode" and then all of it's buttons get a random letter assigned (you can't choose). But then you can assign those letters to specific shortcuts within the Artstudio Pro preferences

Ah I see thank you icezimy! Waiting for Artstudio's joycon integration then! 💖

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #10 on: April 18, 2023, 04:59:07 AM
We are working on this now! We use system GameController framework so it should support all popular bluetooth controllers like xbox, playstation, joycon etc

How it will work - you will be able to set any button from controller in Preferences > Interface > Keyboard Shortcuts, like you customize keys from Magic Keyboard.
Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 05:02:36 AM by Lucky Clan

alfanders

Reply #11 on: April 18, 2023, 07:59:29 AM
Thank you Lucky Clan! Would this also mean that one feature would be able to hold multiple shortcuts as well? Like you can use B on keyboard or RT on joycon to activate brush

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #12 on: April 18, 2023, 08:24:58 AM
Hmm, rather not, sorry.

Thank you Lucky Clan! Would this also mean that one feature would be able to hold multiple shortcuts as well? Like you can use B on keyboard or RT on joycon to activate brush

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #13 on: April 18, 2023, 09:02:32 AM
Beta with game controllers support is available now! Waiting for your feedback. I have tested it only with Joy-Con so please let us know if other controllers works fine.

alfanders

Reply #14 on: April 18, 2023, 10:12:11 AM
Beta with game controllers support is available now! Waiting for your feedback. I have tested it only with Joy-Con so please let us know if other controllers works fine.

Just tested with Dualsense and it works nicely! Thanks Lucky Clan!

Hmm, rather not, sorry.

hmm does that means that if we want to use the game controller on the go, we have to rebind the shortcut for game controller. And when we get back home to our workspace and want to use our keyboard, we gotta rebind the said keys with keyboard keys? 🤔