Author Topic: Rotation / Scale Critical Bug.  (Read 2182 times)

Damian Górny

Rotation / Scale Critical Bug.
on: October 07, 2021, 02:41:38 PM
Well, there is a nasty Bug.

1. Draw a simple lines by example Hard Static Round Brush or Tech Charcoal.
2. Select object CMD + T - rotate.
3. Everything is going to be fuzzy / motion blur. Lines are no longer sharp and things lose detail.

For me, this is a reason to stop using the program temporarily until it is fixed.
The same thing happens with all options except move. As far as it is understood that this can be the case with the warp option but for rotation and scaling down it is a in my opinion bad bug.

UPDATE: if i rotate a illustration a few times things get even worse and worse.

Love to see this foxed! Please!

MACos Catalina 10.15.7 + Wacom Cintiq ( but screen do not matter )

Best! D.
Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 02:49:27 PM by Damian

Andreas Raninger

Re: Rotation / Scale Critical Bug.
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 12:51:44 AM
You can change the algorithm for transformations (interpolation, tapping the three dots below the different modes). I don't know what algorithm that's the best and there's a setting i preferences that makes ASP remember the algorithm used for all type of transformations used. Photoshop use Bicubic auto (smooth,/sharp). I guess that the sharp option is the best and smooth when doing major upscaling.

Damian Górny

Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 03:14:00 PM
Thanks! Kill me, i had no idea there is such as option. Maybe because it was not so visible in photoshop ... Cubic Smooth does the job. Problem solved.

ggermain1

Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 09:58:08 PM
Wow, I also feel like an idiot for just finding out about this feature. Artstudio Pro really needs a user manual lol.

Andreas Raninger

Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 02:31:04 AM
It was not long ago I discovered this myself.
There will allways be gaps in our knowledge in different areas. No reason to feel stupid about asking.  :)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 05:59:52 AM
Adjusting Interpolation mode should solve the issue.

But please remember that Artstudio is a raster app (except Text tool), and we don't have Smart Object support actually, so each transform adds a bit of "blurriness" caused by pixel interpolation.