Author Topic: Toggle grayscale mode  (Read 3894 times)

Ben

Toggle grayscale mode
on: August 20, 2021, 03:54:01 AM
Is it possible to toggle grayscale mode through the quick menu to check the values of the painting? I did not find anything except for the reference panel.

Andreas Raninger

Re: Toggle grayscale mode
Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 08:46:04 AM
Hi!
Add a color layer and fill it with black. Then you only have to enable and disable the layer.

Ben

Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 06:20:19 AM
That’s how I currently do it, but I can’t toggle it quickly through the quick menu. I thought since it’s available in the reference panel I am just missing the setting for the canvas

Andreas Raninger

Reply #3 on: August 21, 2021, 11:05:58 AM
I understand. That shouldn't be a problem to implement for the team. I guess they are planning and working on the 3.3 version. It's spooky silent here right now on their part, or they are on vacation.

Dorothyfan1

Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 03:32:47 PM
They posted an update a few days ago without warning. But the lack of communications with their team is strangely eerie. Why the sudden silence? Are they about to release a big new update and are closing down until the new release is made public? That’s usually the case when it comes to new versions in the pipeline. At least that’s my experience in stuff like this…but the lack of responses from their developers has me wondering what’s going on. The vacation card as an explanation doesn’t wash because they could have posted a response saying don’t mind the lack of communications…”we’re on vacation”. I’m not buying it. Something is going on.

Andreas Raninger

Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 04:40:52 PM
They usually answers within a week. 
I'm sure that they will read and respond. We just have to be patient and wait. If we have problems that has to be solved, except bugs, we can help eachother out here in the forum.  :)

Ben

Reply #6 on: August 23, 2021, 04:25:11 AM
They posted an update a few days ago without warning. But the lack of communications with their team is strangely eerie. Why the sudden silence? Are they about to release a big new update and are closing down until the new release is made public? That’s usually the case when it comes to new versions in the pipeline. At least that’s my experience in stuff like this…but the lack of responses from their developers has me wondering what’s going on. The vacation card as an explanation doesn’t wash because they could have posted a response saying don’t mind the lack of communications…”we’re on vacation”. I’m not buying it. Something is going on.

Be patient dude, we all have lives. It doesn’t help to ask what’s going on in multiple Forum Posts, developers don‘t have to tell their customers exactly what they are doing all the time. We are lucky to have developers who are listening at all, that’s exceptional. Give them some time and don’t stress about a little silence, they‘ll be back  8)