Author Topic: A Continuous Line tool  (Read 1311 times)

Dorothyfan1

A Continuous Line tool
on: July 09, 2021, 05:36:34 PM
A continuous line tool is a combination of the bucket fill tool and the lasso tool. You select a color, any color and after selecting the Continuous Line tool…you draw an object that autofills the contours of the line you’re drawing in realtime. This allows the user to quickly fill large areas while masking out protected areas from being filled with color. This is the one tool that ASP is currently missing and I think this tool needs to be implemented very soon. ASP would definitely be way ahead of Procreate if this gets implemented. Please look into this one. It’s definitely something that needs to be done. This is sometimes called the Paint Roller tool, or the Solid Fill Line tool. However you name it this tool is definitely something ASP needs to have in its arsenal.
Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 06:22:59 PM by Dorothyfan1

mattnava

• Creative/Art Director. The Pathless, ABZÛ, Journey
    • Matt Nava Portfolio
Re: A Continuous Line tool
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 11:25:50 PM
If I understand what you mean correctly, this function does exist in art studio pro. There is a lasso mode in the tool options for the bucket fill tool. There was a thread about it on here a while ago that referred to it as "Lasso Fill." You can also set the blending to erase in the tool options to use it to clear areas. I like to set the pattern bucket fill tool to lasso mode/erase, so I can swap between the two bucket fills to fill and clear areas quickly.