Author Topic: A few suggestions after iPad version 1.1 release :)  (Read 3700 times)

Husketch

A few suggestions after iPad version 1.1 release :)
on: March 01, 2018, 08:34:43 AM
Thanks very much for this great update! the added features and improvement are very powerful.
I have a few requests/ suggestions that can really make the workflow even faster:

1- access color sliders :RGB, HSB, Colorwheel (or 'box' whatever you want to name it) this is just a quick example where if you click one of the swatches on the right side, you choose the color, but if you press again on it, the popup will appear which will let you adjust the color starting from the current value. This is just a suggestion
(sorry for the large images)

2-Ability to "pin'' the brushes panel (or also the color panel); to keep them open when necessary. and even able to move them around if possible.

3-The brush size and opacity slider, option to be moved to the top (I think you mentioned it will be added in full screen mode- which will be nice but maybe also in the default workspace to have an option in preferences to move it up)

4-In gradient tool, please add a preset that starts from the current brush color. not just "transparent to yellow", etc .. but also "transparent to current color"

5-Can you please make it optional in preferences to turn off that eraser color is separate from brush tool color? I think this is unintuitive and I find myself a lot of times picking a color to paint with while in eraser mode, then i go to brush tool and the color is different :( Can you please make it optional?

6-a quicker way to flip canvas horizontally,  maybe instead of Image >transform> flip , it will be Image > flip

Again thanks a lot, looking forward to a great future for this fantastic app :) 

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: A few suggestions after iPad version 1.1 release :)
Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 09:18:17 AM
1 - i'm considering similar option
2 - i already have similar request on my todo list, but don't expect it too soon, sorry
3 - this would not look good, but improved full screen mode will solve the problem
4 - i will think about it soon
5 - i added that, please wait for version 1.1.2
6 - i'm going to add option to show canvas in a flipped way (without modifying layers' content)

The rest

Husketch

Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 08:13:31 AM
Thanks for your response, and for fixing number 5)!  :)
Looking forward to the enhancement to the full screen mode, and other points.

detSurrey

Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 03:49:44 AM
3 - I‘d prefer to have the option to move the slider to the top - similar to the OS X version.

Frankietobin

Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 08:06:39 AM
On the previous Artstudio I could create my own brushes which doesn’t seem possible in the new version. It would be good to be able to customise textures and shapes. I have only just bought the new version so still exploring it.