Author Topic: Procreate 5.2 on the way soon. Card mode for palettes.  (Read 2272 times)

Dorothyfan1

If you Google Procreate 5.2 they show off some screenshots of the upcoming new features. They included audio feedback of everything you do, AR or 3D art. If this means Procreate is getting the emboss property watch out. That means 3D tools are coming to Procreate. But what I’d like to discuss is a screenshot that impressed me about an upcoming new palette feature…Cards.

Apparently you can now see all the color choices in chunky large squares with their color palette IDs! This means you can scroll through the color palettes choosing colors more quickly. Hey Lucky Clan…can you one up Procreate and release this feature before they do?

Bbolger

Re: Procreate 5.2 on the way soon. Card mode for palettes.
Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 01:41:41 PM
It might be handy, but it’s not a feature that I’m dying to get.

Procreate’s team should focus on fixing the x-years-old bugs they have and finally add some of the really useful tools and/or features any pro raster app should have, like a proper magic wand. But hey, they are always first to release half-baked flashy new features...

LCArt

Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 12:11:51 AM
Apparently you can now see all the color choices in chunky large squares with their color palette IDs! This means you can scroll through the color palettes choosing colors more quickly. Hey Lucky Clan…can you one up Procreate and release this feature before they do?

how is having bigger chunks of color making it faster to scroll/choose? (other than for accessibility i'm unable to picture hows faster)

Anyways, already suggested the author when he reworked the swatches/color panel to let us choose if we want to have x amount of swatches per row and decide if we want them all to have the same size, but apparently he "doesn't have time for that", so wouldnt count with it :C

Current swatches system is REALLY OCD triggering btw

Bbolger

Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 09:19:03 AM

how is having bigger chunks of color making it faster to scroll/choose? (other than for accessibility i'm unable to picture hows faster)

Anyways, already suggested the author when he reworked the swatches/color panel to let us choose if we want to have x amount of swatches per row and decide if we want them all to have the same size, but apparently he "doesn't have time for that", so wouldnt count with it :C

Imho only cool thing about that is to be able to display labels for each color (HEX, HSB, CMYK, etc). For some workflows would indeed be a great addition

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 12:09:22 PM
Current swatches view is ok, we will rather not change it soon.

LCArt

Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 10:54:47 PM

Imho only cool thing about that is to be able to display labels for each color (HEX, HSB, CMYK, etc). For some workflows would indeed be a great addition

true that, could be helpful