Author Topic: Preset Favorites Toolbar not remembering the brush choices. A possible bug.  (Read 2039 times)

Dorothyfan1

I'm noticing a problem with the new Preset Favorites Toolbar. When you click on a brush you'd like to use you see a checkmark next to the brush that you've chosen to use. That's fine. The issue is after selecting the brush from the Preset Favorites Toolbar and use it...and go to a DIFFERENT tool on the toolbar...let's say the Blend tool or the Eraser and after doing work with these tools - when you go back to the Preset Favorites Toolbar...it doesn't remember the last brush you've selected. So now I'd have to "remember" which brush I was using in the Preset Favorites Toolbar to select it. This is problematic because I can have multiple instances of the same brush with different brush thicknesses and I'd have to remember the thickness of the brush in order to reselect it to use.

Please fix this so that when you choose whatever brush you want in the Preset Favorites...it REMEMBERS the LAST brush you've selected and keep it that way EVEN if you choose to go to a different tool like the blend or erase tool. Because right now...as it is...the choice of brush in the Preset Favorites is getting "forgotten" after choosing a different toolbar option.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Make sure you are using version 3.1.2 or 3.1.3, it should work better there.

Dorothyfan1

Make sure you are using version 3.1.2 or 3.1.3, it should work better there.

I am and I just used ASP with the 3.1.3 update and the bug is confirmed. I selected my tool from the Preset Favorites Toolbar and chose my pencil preset. It shows the checkmark. Then I selected the eraser tool in the toolbar and because the Preset Favorites Toolbar isn’t YET floatable it disappeared after I selected the eraser tool. After I did my work with the eraser...I opened up the Favorites Preset Toolbar again and I could see my chosen brush preset was no longer selected. This is still not working correctly. You need an update to address this.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
After you changed the active tool to any other tool, the picked fav tool is not active anymore. To show the checkmark again activate the tool that was recently picked from Favs (probably Paint tool in your case).

Dorothyfan1

After you changed the active tool to any other tool, the picked fav tool is not active anymore. To show the checkmark again activate the tool that was recently picked from Favs (probably Paint tool in your case).

Now I get it. Thanks for clarifying. Could this be improved by allowing the favorites preset to remember the color last used?! Oooohh. Now THAT would be super cool.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Remembering color - i agree, we will do it in 3.2