Author Topic: CMYK & .psd save  (Read 4358 times)

HEM

CMYK & .psd save
on: February 21, 2018, 07:28:16 AM
A couple of suggestions:

1. Please, please, please add the CMYK colour profile! I'm an illustrator and publishers & art licensing companies want their files delivered in CMYK. PS has the facility but if it was added to Artstudio Pro it would mean that I could ditch PS altogether (and that subscription!).  :)

2. Also, it'd be great if when I've exported a file in .psd format that I could then click save as I'm working instead of having to re-export it.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: CMYK & .psd save
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 08:27:06 AM
1. Do you mean adding CMYK in export to "PSD" or also other formats ?
2. App Save (and Save As in Mac version) can work only with native .artstudio format, sorry. I cannot use PSD as a naive format for few reasons...

HEM

Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 09:41:59 AM
1. I like the document to be set up in CMYK so when I export it, it's print ready for publishers etc.
2. No problem with the native PSD save, I understand the issues and can work around that  :)

Thanks.
Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:11:29 AM by HEM

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 11:41:36 AM
I added this to my todo list, however it is not easy todo. First i will have to add Color Profiles feature to Mac version which is not easy. Then maybe CMYK export in PSD.

HEM

Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 12:03:09 PM
I'll keep an eye on the updates - hope you manage it. Love both iOS & Mac versions btw!