Author Topic: App becomes slow after some time  (Read 6707 times)

lastaccess

App becomes slow after some time
on: April 22, 2021, 05:53:41 AM
App becomes slow after some time. I don't know exactly how much time, maybe 20-60 min. All tools have visible lag on selecting it. Color picking with pencil double tap works visibly slower. Even brush strokes becomes snapier.

What I do is close app by swiping it from recents. Open again and it works just fine. And when it is again become slow I do this again and again. Of course its not that big problem to restart app once an hour but would be good to fix it.

iPad Pro 3 gen 12.9

I’m just curios, do anybody else have these problems? Or maybe I just need to reinstall app or something.

Endoraniendo

Re: App becomes slow after some time
Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 07:13:03 AM
I have problems with lag when I use too many layers in high resolution. I usually merge the layers I can merge without complicating adjustments later. But when you say that ASP lag after 20 - 60 minutes I have to test this too. Might be a memory leak somewhere.

Dorothyfan1

Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 09:15:08 AM
This is leading me to suspect it's RAM related because this model has only 4 to 6 gig. Apple just announced a 16 gig 1 terabyte model of the new iPad Pro. All the lag issues would go away if this model was the one used right now. I'm seriously thinking of getting this model because of this RAM upgrade.

Poponnu

Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 03:07:49 PM
using same model and had same problem here.
happens even using single layer.
I restart app everytime when app gets slower.
reduce undo steps helps memory usage?

Endoraniendo

Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 02:48:56 AM
I have 2nd gen iPad Pro 12.9. I suspect a minor memory leak because it takes some time for the lag to build up. I remember I had to restart too. I don't think it has to do with undos. If it was, we would probably hit the lag threshold faster. Maybe Sylvester & Co can have a look into this?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 06:38:28 AM
Does it also happens in version 3.1.5?

Andreas Raninger

Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 03:32:29 PM
(Former name Endoraniendo, if you wonder)
I have not noticed any lag in 3.1.5 yet.

I have all the Adobe apps, a Cintiq, Lenovo Legion Y530, Mac Mini M1, Wacom Intuous 4 L. I always end up in my iPad with Artstudio Pro. Are there any methods to get rid of the addiction?   ???

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 04:56:25 PM
Ok, thanks for info.

Andreas Raninger

Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 04:52:01 AM
I don't work in long sessions and take a break quite often, closing the app. Wait for the other users response. But for me it works so far except the layer bug I described in another post I made.

lastaccess

Reply #9 on: May 12, 2021, 08:35:50 AM
I still have visible lags after around hour of drawing. It is not that type of lags that you can’t use app, no, it works just not as fast as it works right after clean start.

Poponnu

Reply #10 on: May 12, 2021, 05:34:36 PM
no lag yet with daily uses!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 07:09:13 PM
Please install version 3.1.6 and let us know if it is working better now.

lastaccess

Reply #12 on: May 12, 2021, 07:35:49 PM
3.1.6 didn't help. I made video to show you what I mean by lags. In the first part of video I painted in Artstudio around 1 hour already. Color picker by double tap shows up with a visual delay and after that color picking goes with visual delay too. It is not only color picker, selections, transform, and every other tools have these few miliseconds to 1 sec longer time to open. It is already not that comfortable to work.

Then I close app and swipe it off from recents and open it again. It works much faster and has no lags. App works that fast around 30 min and after that all delays begin to encrease.

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/i9Zf/hAtpKgBzz

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #13 on: May 12, 2021, 10:57:39 PM
Could you send me the document? Do you use canvas recording (if yes try to disable it for a moment)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #14 on: May 13, 2021, 03:21:23 AM
I suppose it may be caused by some panel or other controller. Can anybody send me a long screen video (use system Screen Recording to save it). Remember to enable Artstudio > Preferences > Interface > Visualize Touches so i will see where you are tapping.
You can send the video to [email protected]

Besides i need these infos:
- number of undo steps set in Preferences > General
- document (or documents) that you edited
- do you use custom brushes?
- do you use Canvas Recording?