Author Topic: Suggestion: zoom lock  (Read 1595 times)

Magenta.Sunrise

Suggestion: zoom lock
on: April 14, 2021, 03:35:22 AM
I have a really small suggestion that would be a life changer for me :D
It would be really nice to have a zoom lock button. Just to lock the current zoom I have and not be able to zoom in or out if I don’t toggle it off. It would really help to stop getting distracted by small details because when you can always zoom in you do it out of habit and not even notice it. I believe it should be a really easy feature to add but it would make a world of difference for me. Love your app, Lucky Clan! The best one out there!
Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 03:51:02 AM by Magenta.Sunrise

Dorothyfan1

Re: Suggestion: zoom lock
Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 05:03:49 AM
Now that you mentioned this feature improvement...I’m noticing that Procreate doesn’t even let you know the zoom percentage when you pinch to zoom in that program. So being able to see the zoom percentage is a great little feature that helps. Right now, you can remember the exact precise zoom level you want your canvas to be at when you start your artwork. So I can now see the benefit of having this zoom lock feature. However I don’t think zoom lock should be a preference setting. I think it would be better if this was a toogle on the toolbar.

In fact I can see it this way...you zoom to your favorite percentage level when pinching to zoom the canvas...and as you see the zoom percentage dialog showing the zoom level - you see a little button next to the zoom percentage. You click on that button and it says zoom locked at that level. But this idea would only work per document...not application wide level. I don’t know if the zoom lock feature would work application wide because you might forget you have zoom lock enabled in settings and can’t understand why when opening a blank document you see a zoomed level that’s not at 100%. So I think this feature improvement can only be done as a toggle for now.

Magenta.Sunrise

Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 05:13:17 AM
For me a simple button in the view →zoom tab that would say zoom lock:on/off would be more than enough

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 07:40:58 AM
Zoom lock - we will add that in 3.2