Author Topic: Suggestion: Color tags for layers and export options  (Read 1866 times)

Bbolger

Suggestion: Color tags for layers and export options
on: October 12, 2020, 12:55:13 PM
1.) As I work with a lot of layers, it would really help my workflow (and maybe others’ as well) to have the option to add a coloured tag to the layers (similar to Photoshop) to help differentiate them. Red for lineart, blue for flat colors, cyan for rendering, orange for references, green for text or whatever. It would help a lot with organizing the document. Being able to see what a layer is at a glance would really speed up things a lot. Right now I find myself scrolling through the layers panel looking for what I need for a while. Identifying a layer only through it’s thumbnail or label takes some time.

It would be an extra option on the layer’s panel (alongside Lock transparency, Lock pixels, Lock position and Reference. Hope others will find it useful enough and it’s not a pain in the a** to implement so we can see it happen!

2.) Have a set of options when exporting to jpeg and pdf (mainly to manage dpi and color profile), so that you don’t have to use a different app to create a light, printable file for example.

Thanks and have a great day!
Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 01:11:31 PM by Bbolger

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Suggestion: Color tags for layers and export options
Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 07:54:01 AM
Both options are on our todo list, but they are not planned for the next major update.

Bbolger

Re: Suggestion: Color tags for layers and export options
Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 10:14:44 AM
Great to know you are thinking on adding these!
Thanks!