Author Topic: Rulers, Favorites, True Grit Texture Supply, and TIFFs  (Read 2254 times)

Dougdabbs

Let me say this again, this is the most underrated app on the iPad, hands down. This should be just as big as Procreate.Thank you for it. With that, I do have few suggestions to hopefully be implemented in 3.0. 

I love how you can save a brush as a favorite. It's SO easy and makes the creative process much easier. However, could you make something like Favorite 1, Favorite 2, etc.? The main reason is so if your working on a paining and then you need to work on an inked illustration, you can have different Favorite sets for each approach. These could be tabs or something similar.
Special Rulers, similar to those found in Clip Studio Paint. It would be a guide for radial line, concentric cirlces, etc.  The great thing about these is the marks are accurate but you still have pressure to adjust line variation. This would make my year. Stupid 2020.

I sing your praises to my students and others. I bought a set of PS brushes from True Grit Texture Supply, here https://www.truegrittexturesupply.com/collections/photoshop/products/bbeat-tones-halftone-brushes-for-photoshop I talked to their customer service and they mentioned their PS brushes only work accurately in PS and no other apps, not even Fresco. I told them about your app, they tested out a few of their brushes in it, and they were really impressed. They said it is the first non-PS app to handle their brushes correctly. However, they apparently didn't test enough brushes, they were correct on several brushes not working properly. They either do not make a mark at all, just lay down as a basic mark of one color, or do this really weird screen-glitch-square-mark on the artwork that cannot be undone. At all. It's really odd. I've never had any issues with any PS brushes in your app. Any idea why? Any idea if it could be fix in the future?

If a Gray color mode could be used in creating art, would it improve the performance of the app in anyway? Just wondering because I work in B&W a lot, and when switching to a Grayscale Color Mode in PS, it usual improves brush performance, file size, etc. Just curious.

When exporting as a TIFF, have the ability to export it as a flattened TIFF with LZW compression (again, similar to PS).

Thanks again for an amazing app!

Ben

Re: Rulers, Favorites, True Grit Texture Supply, and TIFFs
Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 04:46:04 AM
Rulers for shapes would be great, I agree. I never tried the rulers from clip studio, but my favorites are the rulers from infinite painter. They can even follow the perspective grid.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: Rulers, Favorites, True Grit Texture Supply, and TIFFs
Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 09:05:31 AM
Thank you, we are doing our best to make app better and better.
Btw, Artstudio is maintained by only 3 developers, that's why the progress is sometimes not too fast.
I think we are quite good and fast in coding, but things like creating Brush presets, video tutorials, documentation is a pain in the ass :)

We are going to add groups in Favorites in the future.

More Rules options - maybe...

We made a lot of fixes in ABR import in version 3.0. Grit authors are probably using version 2.x.
If some brush from ABR is not working correctly in Artstudio - please send me it so i can analyze it make fixes if possible.
Grayscale - Artstudio doesn't support graycale modes, documents are stored in RGBA mode. But adding grayscale would not improve the performance signifficantly, it ouwld only make document file size smaller.
Tiff Compression - unfortunately iOS does not support TIFF compression. Tiff from Artstudio for Mac is using LZW compression, so files are a bit smaller. I recommend using PNG instead, which is using lossless compression.