Author Topic: Beta, missing feature.  (Read 3929 times)

Patronex

Beta, missing feature.
on: June 05, 2020, 02:58:52 PM
Hey guys, im trying the beta atm and its gamechanger for sure, i still find myself changing brush size alot often and would love to have it close to my artwork or the zone of the artwork where im working with the brush, if the side bar could be also undockable it would help, or i noticed you also added into view>panels>color wheel which is amazing. If you guys could also add there option for the brush size window oh god that would be so epic. Or even if it could be aside with the color wheel. Lastly, i would love if the lasso tool would have smoothing option like the brushes or eraser does, i mean real smoothing that would enable lasso to slide with stroke of the pencil like it does with brushes and eraser when number of smoothing are raised. Lasso with smoothing of this kind becomes amazing powerful tool for filling shapes or making custom shape for the underlaying linework and filling afterwards. Anyway.. :D im amazed by the beta and you did an amazing work already, thanks! Btw i would rebuy the app or even support you again if its possible as a thanks for what you guys are doing.

Carlitusroda

Re: Beta, missing feature.
Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 04:03:48 PM
Use the 'one finger' changing for brush size/opacity. It's on Options; it's not a new feature, it's there since a while. Swipe to left or ight to change size, up/down to change opacity. You must activate it on Options to use it.This way you can use the sidebar as color chooser.

I always use it. I love it so much, and i miss it on other painting apps such Procreate. Infinite Painter also have this option, but three finger swipe instead of one finger.

Impressive beta. Still assimilating so many improvements. I don't know if we are allowed to talk about it on public threads.

Patronex

Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 04:25:54 PM
Wow, Carlitusroda thanks a ton for this insight, finally, this works like charm!! Im not sure either, but beta is supposed to be talked about i guess. Thanks again Carlitusroda!

Carlitusroda

Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 04:48:53 PM
Wow, Carlitusroda thanks a ton for this insight, finally, this works like charm!! Im not sure either, but beta is supposed to be talked about i guess. Thanks again Carlitusroda!

I agree, this works like a charm. When i discovered it it was like if i discovered America lol. IMHO, this must be activated by default, it's one of those things that make artists life much easier.

Yes, beta must be discussed DEEPLY, comunicate any bug or wrong behavior. Discuss features, showcase new worklows, tips, share resources, etc... This will make the developer make a better app, they like stable releases, we like stable releases, everyone likes it; betas serve that purpose.

But i guess this must be done on public hidden forums. Usually the closed betas (even public ones) are under non-disclosure agreement, and beta users must be 'silent' about new features and stability... btw make copies of your work, the betas are subject to bugs, may crash or corrupt your drawings.

Patronex

Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 06:22:15 AM
Right Carlitusroda, and thanks one more time!  :)

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 07:42:30 AM
You can discuss beta features here. We don't use any NDA.

hervampire32

Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 07:00:58 AM
Hello! Lucky clan! I’ve been using the beta and boy the features are so good. Everything is much smoother including the rotation of canvas, opening of tools, panels like the layers, and scrolling. The time it takes for a panel to disappear is now gone. No lag time for closing panels. It’s perfect. Brushes are so nice too. There are tons of brushes in the new version now. Well organized. And the brush panel looks more intuitive, more like the procreate brush panel. Theres so much more i want to say but im primarily here to report a bug. In the pic, you’ll see that the slider in the color panel is positioned as normal. It goes like this every first time you open it. But once you close it and reopen it, the slider goes behind the buttons. It’s the only bug i saw though. Plus, about the  ui in the color panel, the text “color editor” is squeezed in on the top, when there’s already a Color editor title. 😅

Damn. This app is the best. For ps brush importing. For painting. For digital art. For photo editing. So glad I bought this at full price. Never regret it.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 03:52:13 AM
We are now working on a new Color panel which will replace current Colors view. That's we are not fixing these bugs.