Author Topic: How to circle ⭕️ text or whatever  (Read 7182 times)

garysch37

How to circle ⭕️ text or whatever
on: March 20, 2019, 11:30:59 AM
How do I circle something, or basically draw a rectangle or ellipse or even a free hand shape around something? In Gimp, for example, I can use the selection tool to draw an ellipse or whatever around  something (or even draw an arbitrary path), and then choose to Stroke Selection to draw a line of whatever thickness I want over that selection path, but just the path, not filling the interior of that selection with paint. I have ArtStudio Pro 2.0.9. on my iPhone. Thank you, Gary

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: How to circle ⭕️ text or whatever
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 09:16:06 AM
You can do it in two ways:
1. Activate Paint tool, tap More... popover and change Drawing Mode to 'Ellipse'. Then when you draw you can touch the screen with other finger to draw perfect Circle.
2. Activate 'Select Ellipse' tool, then make circle selection (you can use 2nd finger trick as well), then choose from top menu: Select > Border... to change filled circle selection to stroke.

garysch37

Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 10:46:55 AM
Thank you very much. I was able to use your instructions to do it using the selection method, but I just had to add an extra step to use the bucket tool to fill the selection border (outline) with paint. But I just wasn't able to figure out how to use the two finger method to draw a perfect circle. Can you please explain that.

For anyone else reading this question, I was also able to select an entire image with a rectangle, do Select > Border, give it a thickness or radius that I want, tap Border in the upper right corner, but this time when I chose the bucket tool to fill that double rectangle selection (the border or outline), it would only fill it in tiny pieces based upon the colours in the image, so I had to create a new layer and then when I tapped inside the selection to fill it with my bucket tool, it filled it entirely, creating the border I wanted.

Thanks again, Lucky Clan.

Gary

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 10:13:01 AM
To fill a selection you can also use Edit > Fill, or bucket fill with tolerance = 255

garysch37

Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 11:31:31 AM
Thank you. 🙏