Author Topic: Request for Features in Desktop Version  (Read 4009 times)

gostrander

Request for Features in Desktop Version
on: February 23, 2020, 12:48:09 PM
I love the app on Ipad, I think its really great. There's very little I would change. It's just great.
But the desktop version needs a few tweaks. I would like to be able to customize my shortcut keys and the ability to move pallets and toolbars. The desktop version NEEDS these features. It cries out to me every time I use the ipad version. Please, please tell them at Lucky Clan that we need love too! We need customizable shortcut keys and movable pallets and toolbars. Please let them know so we can be great like the mobile app! Please!! 

Thank you,
Glen

gregg2g

• Retired
Re: Request for Features in Desktop Version
Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 10:18:30 AM
It would also be nice to have collapsible panels like Photoshop and ClipStudio Paint. They would collapse into an icon.
Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 06:17:21 PM by gregg2g
iMac 27 3.1 GHz 32 GB DDR 4 Mac OS  Monterey 12.6, XP-Pen 24 Pro, ArtStudioPro latest version

bl3gh

Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 04:29:07 PM
Nah the desktop version is the abandoned one. It's already The most powerful painting and photo editing app available for both iOS and macOS so it's probably at the maximum achievable on macOS. But in real life it's a weird looking prehistorical piece of software  8)

gostrander

Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 07:54:14 PM
I didn't realize they are abandoning the desktop version. That's too bad. Lots of potential there...
That explains why I haven't seen any improvements with it since I bought it a year ago.

gregg2g

• Retired
Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 08:40:41 AM
I don't think they are abandoning anything. Right now they are working on the next big update. I wouldn't be surprised to see a vector pen in the next big update.
iMac 27 3.1 GHz 32 GB DDR 4 Mac OS  Monterey 12.6, XP-Pen 24 Pro, ArtStudioPro latest version

PeterH

Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 04:27:53 PM
Aye, the version update history indicates a very active bug correction work on the mac version.

I just wanted to chime in that its a really neat app on the mac with huge potential. But the lack of key bindings and the ability to dock color picker or change the ui in pretty much any way is a deal breaker. I will keep an eye out for when this is updated and try it again at that point.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 02:12:25 PM
Mac version is not abandoned.

About customizing shortcuts - we don't have this option in the app because you can do it in macOS System Prefences.
Just go to System Prefences > Keyboard > Shortcuts, select App Shortcuts item in the left column, and modify any menu item shortcut in any app.

postdes

Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 04:14:53 AM
About keyboard shortcuts: this is an extremely cumbersome way to change the shortcuts, and won't let you see shortcuts already in place. It is so easy on the iPad, so it is strange to read that you think the Mac implementation is somehow OK...

Un_qui_et

Reply #8 on: January 12, 2021, 10:55:31 AM
Hi Just want to weight in on the keyboard shortcuts! The ipad does it soo nicely can we have this reflected on the desktop