Author Topic: Suggestion - Shortcut or Icon to toggle between Color and Greyscale View Mode.  (Read 2804 times)

Patronex

I use this all the time in photoshop to check my values if working with colors. Was looking in ASP but couldnt find it, was wondering if this could be in the future as a shortcut option or different ui element with option to be assign to keyboard shortcut.
Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 08:02:24 PM by Patronex

Andrewsouthern

If you haven’t tried, Id suggest using a black and white adjustment layer... I do this a lot when painting quite a bit! It’s actually a little better than using greyscale imo, because greyscale tends to lighten values
Cheers

Patronex

Thanks, will give a try! :) Lately i've figured a way with using additional layer above all layers with black fill and setting it to "Color" in blending option, but, i'm not sure if the values are accurate with this method.

Patronex

Tested both and compared, the adjustment layer technique makes my red more darker value vs the color blending mode technique with black filled layer xD, both work great tho. I wish there was a shortcut to toggle these layers on/off :) toggle on/off assigned to custom keys would be a godsend xD.

Patronex

Because i think it's really a great idea, i've created a new topic that explains and focuses more on its use.
https://www.luckyclan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1341.0