Author Topic: Suggestion: Mirrored thumbnails in layers panel and editable gradient  (Read 2302 times)

Pri Vacy

One of the latest updates improved view>mirror by using the screen center as pivot (nice one, really) but one thing that should be considered is adding mirrored thumbnails in the layers panel while the view is mirrored. This would be helpful when trying to erase accidental little strokes that make a layer "larger" than it should. To quickly identify those I usually look at the thumbnails but when in mirrored view this "trick" does not work of course. That would also be a bit better-looking since it's consistent with the actual view.

Not sure if it has already been suggested but the gradient in the gradient tool needs to be editable before applying. If it's just 2 colors trial and error is good enough but if you plan to use something precise (4 and up points) that's just unreasonable. The only way to make it work is to apply the gradient to an empty layer and then transform it to match the space it has to fill but this decreases the gradient quality due to interpolation.
Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 08:27:40 PM by Pri Vacy

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Layer thumbnails should show real image content, i really don't want to change that.

If you want editable gradients you can use 'Gradient Overlay' layer effect.

Pri Vacy

As for the thumbnails that's ok I guess, not a dealbreaker by any means. As for the gradient, thank you for letting me know, I was not aware of the massive difference between the two. Just an offtopic note: what caused the editing disabled bug is not causing it anymore in the dev beta 5/public beta 4, so in the end it was all just Apple's fault like You said. Sorry for creating multiple topics about it.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Ok, thanks for info!