Author Topic: "Editing Disabled" and history deleted in iOS 13 Developer Beta 3 and 4  (Read 3454 times)

Pri Vacy

Hi, I applogize in advance for pointing out the same problem I'm facing again and again, but I'm now pretty sure the issue is not (solely) caused by iOS memory management for several reasons: 1) it happens randomly as sometimes the history is deleted even with an empty document and just 1 layer with nothing running in the background, while other times it all works fine with many apps running and a 70/80 layers document. 2) I firmly believe the Ipad Pro 2018 is powerful enough to handle Artstudio Pro as none of these problems existed back in iOS 12 and in Dev. Beta 2. 3) No other app I use presents similar issues, and I'm not just referring to normal apps, I'm talking about other art apps like Affinity Photo and Procreate. 4) It does not always relate to switching apps and thus involving memory; I had it happen just now when i lowered the brightness using the control center. Other times it happens while I'm just drawing or mirroring the canvas (which, correct me if I'm wrong, should both not dramatically increase memory usage) 5) I'm not sure how could iCoud and the history be related, since I'm not even logged in to iCloud and the iCloud preference in Artstudio settings is set to off. I would be very grateful to developers if they could take a look at the issue as I love Artstudio Pro and this issue almost ruins it for me.

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
iOS 13 beta has critical bug that may cause data loss:
https://iphonewired.com/news/1822/

Procreate and Affinity do not support iCloud, so you don't see these issues there.

Pri Vacy

Thanks for letting me know. Is there a workaround to prevent Artstudio from trying to reach iCloud then or there's nothing that can be done about it?

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
You can set storage to Local Disk or iCloud.
If you set Local you are safe, however it has disadvantages:
- documents are deleted if yiu dekete app
- Revert (to previous version) does not work

Pri Vacy

How to set it to local? ICloud is already off in preference>general and there's no setting in system settings>Artstudio Pro

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
If it is off - it means documents are stored in Local disk

Pri Vacy

The issue still happens though, regardless of iCloud settings. I have always kept that off.