Author Topic: CMYK, Desktop UI on Ipad + brush menu quality of life  (Read 2986 times)

DrMoth

BEST PROGRAMEVER
now that that that's out of the way
could be greater
if a more customizable UI was an option
basically one similar to CLIP STUDIO PAINT's where you can drag menu items
and have an on screen color picker, brush picker .. etc
while making the items smaller
in CSP all the icons are very small yet they're very clickable with both pencil and finger
so a smaller UI on it's own would be great. a desktop customizable UI would be greater
i believe affinity photo has also nicely sized icons

a less extreme addjustment that would be amazing is he ability to transfer more than one brush to a group at a time
right now i have to click a brush , select copy selected tem, go to the brush group i want, paste selected item and do it all over again for every brush i want to transfer or copy.
also if the size of the brush could be saved onto that brush ? that would be grand much thank you

and an option for a navigator just to have a smaller version of the artwork when zooming in for reference
also would it be possible to have two documents open in the same window ? like in photoshop or owld the ipad RAM not allow that ?

mainly onscreen menus that can be resized would be the best improvement and would give the program a very professional feel
also CMYK is a must included feature

a minor note: how about selection by color ?

again best art program on ipad
Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 02:34:35 AM by DrMoth

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Re: CMYK, Desktop UI on Ipad + brush menu quality of life
Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 03:14:29 AM
1. UI - it will change a bit later this year, we are considering adding one moveble box (with reference image / color wheel etc)

2. We don't like small icons used for example in CSP.

3. Copy/Paste/Move multiple brushes - yes, it is really needed. We will add that later this year.

4. Reference photo - look at 1.

5. CMYK - adding full CMYK support is not planned. But implementing 'Color Proofing' with CMYK support maybe oculd be done. We will think about it.

6. Select By Color - you can do it, just activate Magic Wand tool and disable 'Contiguous' switch.

Mee_way

Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 05:03:36 AM
I agree that CMYK support should be included soon... I almost ditch my laptop and mostly work on the ipad now for many illustrations, but when it comes to clients that require CMYK for printing...I have no choice but to put down the ipad and turn to Photoshop instead. Not really convenient at all... Please add CMYK support and my life is complete :)

Ap3jaK

Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 02:07:32 AM
I would also like to stress the importance of CMYK.

The color loss when converting from RGB to CMYK is severe in some renderings, especially with magenta. This requires additional time to recover, in many cases, the vibrance of the image. If you have any recommendations of working in a different color profile, that is closer to lossless when converting to CMYK, it would be greatly appreciated.

Most of my work is in print. I realize that adding this feature may take time to implement, I just wanted to add my two cents about the importance of adding this mode for print work.

If it requires an additional charge I would be happy to pay it.

Your program is exceptional, and you consistently improve it. Thank you!

Lucky Clan

• Administrator
    • Lucky Clan homepage
Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 04:31:40 AM
We have CMYK preview ready in our source code. Actually it supports only 'Generic CMYK' color profile, maybe we will improve it in the future.
It will be released in version 2.3 in September.